On site: Relax and unwind on your spacious private terrace with vistas looking out onto the vast, unobstructed desert scape. Listen to the many birds that alight upon the thatched roofs in morning or catch a brilliant sunset in the evening . Enjoy the gently rhythms of the herding animals that pass in our desert and and stargaze in the night sky free of ambient light.
Photo ops abound!
- Swim at the pool
- Play Badminton
- Bicycle (Child and Adult bikes available )
- Romp in the Childrens Play area
- Stroll the extensive property to get in your daily “steps”
- View the Cultural /dance programs while warming yourself by the dance floor fire pit
- Plan/attend a Private Event/Wedding
- Visit the temple on site
Desert : Take a jeep, camel, or make your own walking tour in the Thar.
- Walk to the fossilized bluffs, monsoon lake , and cross through the tracks of our the surrounding herding lands to see cows, camels, goats, and sheep living in our immediate surrounds
- Jeep to Visit local villages, temples, forts, and royal cenotaphs. Stop for an off the beaten track picnic by a remote desert lake.
- Travel by camel for an overnight to our Private Desert camp or
- Take a more extensive Desert Safari Trek with our experienced guides and sleep and eat under the stars amidst the soaring sands.
City: The golden city of Jaisalmer boasts something for Everyone. Its car free labyrinth streets, fort, market, and lake make for perfect walking excursions.
- Wander the narrow pathways through the 12c “living fort” – the only remaining fort in India still populated. The palace , Jain temples, house museums and more awaits you.
- Visit the Architectural gems in the town as you view intricately carved Haveli’s and other historical sites nestled in the various byways off the marketplace .
- Stroll the beautiful 14 c Gadisar Lake; meander around the shores to the temples surrounding it or take a paddle boat ride and get magnificent views of the fort.
- Shop the textiles, silver, wooden antiques, and camel leather products made by local artisans.
- Sample the food: from street eats to more elegant dining on the rooftops.
Let us help you build a personalized itinerary that suits your interests and creates a memorable experience for you while staying at Devi Desert Resort and Retreat